Communication For Training And Development – com460 (3 credits)
Effective training is based on effective communication aligned with an organization’s strategy. Essential communication principles must be followed to ensure that effective training outcomes are met. This course focuses on those principles by examining their application in the process of designing and delivering training for adults. Training designed for business, civic, and philanthropic organizations will be considered.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks. This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
Training Methods and Materials
- Determine when to use computer-based training methods and technologies.
- Assess the strengths and limitations of traditional training methods.
- Compare types of audiovisual training materials.
The Interdependence of Training and Organizational Strategy
- Summarize the training process.
- Explain how training design aligns with learning.
- Identify trends and concepts in training.
- Describe how training fits into the organization’s strategic planning process.
Training Needs Analysis and the Design Process
- Explain the steps in a training needs analysis.
- Summarize the application of social learning theory in designing training.
- Describe what constitutes an effective learning objective.
- Identify how learning style differences influence training.
Training Development, Delivery, and Evaluation
- Describe the components of an instructional strategy.
- Select effective training delivery and implementation strategies.
- Summarize the steps in evaluating training.
Key Areas of Organizational Training and Management Development
- Describe organizational training in key areas.
- Explain how organizational strategy influences employee and management development.
- Develop a training proposal.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.