Managerial Communication –
This course provides new graduate students with an introduction to the graduate-level program and strategies for academic success within the University of Phoenix adult learning model. Topics include oral and written communication and resources, individual and group presentation techniques, electronic research resources, introduction to the purpose and uses of the electronic portfolio, critical thinking, stress and time management, and Learning Team processes. (NOTE: Due to the shorter length of this course and the importance of introducing graduate preparatory work, absences are not allowed in COM 515.)
This graduate-level course is 3 weeks. This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
Foundational Skills for Graduate Programs
- List components and expectations of graduate programs.
- Form Learning Teams and develop the principles of a Learning Team Charter.
- Develop questions to critically evaluate information and data.
- Identify writing strategies and resources for written communication.
- Apply graduate business research tools.
Appraisal of Communication Skills and Learning Team Dynamics
- Assess effective oral communication skills.
- Plan and implement strategies for managing Learning Team dynamics.
- Evaluate individual writing strengths and weaknesses.
Demonstration of Graduate Level Competencies
- Create time and stress management strategies.
- Complete a self-assessment e-Portfolio entry.
- Deliver a Learning Team presentation using Microsoft® PowerPoint®.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills by asking analytical questions.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.