Professional Communications –
This course provides new graduate students in University of Phoenix programs with an introduction to strategies for academic success within the University of Phoenix adult learning model. Topics include oral and written communication, methods for finding and evaluating course resources, critical thinking, the purpose and use of portfolios, program standards, stress and time management, and tools for collaborative learning, in preparation for team assignments in future classes.
This graduate-level course is 3 weeks. This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
- List components and expectations of graduate programs.
- Identify writing strategies and resources for written communication.
- Apply graduate-level research tools.
Appraisal of Communication Skills and Learning Team Dynamics
- Assess effective oral communication skills.
- Plan and implement strategies for managing Learning Team dynamics.
- Evaluate individual writing strengths and weaknesses.
- Analyze methods for conducting University of Phoenix University Library and Internet searches.
- Critically evaluate information and data.
Demonstration of Graduate-level Competencies
- Analyze time and stress management strategies.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills.
The Professional Portfolio
- Describe the uses of a professional portfolio.
- Identify the components of a professional portfolio.
- Examine the University of Phoenix program standards and their relation to the professional portfolio.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.