com530 | Graduate
Communications For Accountants
topic title goes here
Influencing Group Communication
- Evaluate the role of communication as an element of motivation theories.
- Describe organizational commitment and its relationship to organizational communication.
- Explain the effect of leadership style on group communication.
- Analyze how different sources of power affect group and organizational communication.
Organizational Change and Communication
- Describe models of managed organizational change.
- Analyze sources of resistance to change.
- Evaluate the communication necessary to implement managed organizational change.
- Examine what forces drive change within organizations.
Group Formation and Communication
- Explain how relationships form in groups.
- Describe the five-stage model of group development.
- Analyze barriers to group communication.
- Describe techniques to enhance group communication.
- Examine the role the audience needs to play in determining communication style.
- Explain how culture affects cross-border communications.
- Describe the challenge format requirements place on communication.
- Explain legal implications of public communications.
- Understand the role of ethics in organizational communications to the public.
- Explain the value of public communication during crisis.
- Analyze the relationship between public perception and public opinion.
Organizational Culture, Conflict, and Group Communication
- Use the tools available to University of Phoenix graduate students.
- Analyze the relationship between organizational culture and organizational communication.
- Describe the role of communication in perception and organizational culture.
- Identify the role of conflict in group communication.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.