Communication Strategies –
This 3-week, online course provides doctoral program applicants with an introduction to advanced communication strategies for academic success within the University of Phoenix's adult learning model. Topics include the scholarship-practice-leadership model, scholarly writing practices, and Learning Team effectiveness. Learners who successfully complete COM/705 are eligible to enroll in the doctoral program.
- Build competence in online learning through adherence to course policies, development of self-motivation strategies and time-management skills, and active engagement in collaborative interaction.
- Evaluate information from multiple sources to create original, substantive analysis.
- Integrate faculty feedback to promote continuous improvement of doctoral skills.
- Apply the scholarship-practice-leadership model to a specific discipline or field.
- Understand the adverse effects of plagiarism on scholarly communication.
- Demonstrate doctoral program readiness through professionalism, timeliness, thoroughness, and accountability for one’s performance.
This graduate-level course is 3 weeks. This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
We're sorry – topics and objectives are unavailable at this time.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.