com155f1 | undergraduate
University Composition And Communication I
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Writing Process
- Use correct subject–verb agreement and consistent verb tense in written work.
- Identify the steps in the writing process.
Revising and Editing the Essay
- Use sentence transitions and sentence variety correctly.
- Implement writing tools to revise and edit an essay.
Drafting the Essay
- Formulate effective paragraphs using topic sentences.
- Create appropriate introductions and conclusions for academic essays.
- Prepare a first draft of an essay using appropriate strategies.
- Identify appropriate types of supporting paragraphs for a topic.
Completing the Essay
- Integrate feedback into the revision process of an essay.
- Apply the steps in the writing process to complete an essay.
- Identify point of view.
- Use commonly confused words correctly.
- Explain the value of rhetorical modes in writing.
- Describe strategies for choosing and narrowing an academic essay topic.
- Identify strategies for choosing topics and subtopics to support the main idea for an academic essay.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of commas and apostrophes.
- Use complete sentences in written work.
- Determine appropriate purpose, audience, tone, and content for various types of writing.
- Identify components of good paragraph writing.
Developing a Thesis Statement
- Create a thesis statement for an academic essay.
- Use pronouns correctly.
Organizing the Essay
- Construct a topic outline for an academic essay.
- Identify organizational techniques that help writers and readers stay focused.
- Use adjectives and adverbs correctly.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.