This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Working With Sources
- Demonstrate how to summarize, paraphrase, and quote research sources.
- Describe the value and purpose of using a style guide.
- Identify the major components of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association style guide.
Writing a Thesis and Organizing Information
- Develop a thesis statement for a research paper.
- Apply source materials to support or refute the thesis statement.
- Develop and organize appropriate support for a research paper.
- Construct an outline for a research paper.
Drafting the Research Paper
- Create a rough draft of a research paper.
- Apply APA style guidelines to a rough draft.
- Use sentence variety, sentence clarity, and parallel structure appropriately.
Revising and Completing the Paper
- Write a well-researched, college-level essay by applying effective writing techniques.
- Use appropriate style, tone, mechanics, and APA formatting in a research paper.
- Apply feedback and writing tools in the revision process.
Identifying Components of Research Writing and Gathering and Evaluating Information
- Identify the purpose and process of research writing.
- Complete a research plan based on a chosen topic.
- Identify strategies for gathering reliable information.
- Evaluate the credibility of different types of sources.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.