comm315 | undergraduate
Diversity Issues In Communication
topic title goes here
Effective Communication Builds Healthy Teamwork
- Identify communication obstacles in a global or virtual team.
- Define impression management in relation to virtual communication.
- Identify the strategies for communicating inclusively.
Diversity Conscious Leadership and Globalization
- Differentiate between individualist and collectivist societies.
- Identify how technological changes influence diversity in leadership.
- Identify the four characteristics of diversity-conscious leaders.
- Identify what diversity is and the different visible and hidden dimensions.
- Describe the various characteristics that encompass components of diversity, not just race or gender.
- Analyze the tendency to judge people based on superficial characteristics.
Diversity Consciousness Leads to Success
- Describe the reasons why organizations benefit from having a diversity-conscious culture.
- Identify behaviors, such as having limited perceptions and stereotyping, that will have a negative effect in all areas.
- Explain why employers seek and value employees who are diversity-conscious.
Developing Diversity Consciousness
- Describe traits of socially conscious individuals.
- Develop personal strategies for diversity consciousness.
- Recognize the characteristics of social inequality.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.