comm315 | undergraduate
Diversity Issues In Communication
topic title goes here
Effective Communication Builds Healthy Teamwork
- Identify the strategies for communicating inclusively.
- Identify communication obstacles in a global or virtual team.
- Define impression management in relation to virtual communication.
Diversity Conscious Leadership and Globalization
- Identify the four characteristics of diversity-conscious leaders.
- Differentiate between individualist and collectivist societies.
- Identify how technological changes influence diversity in leadership.
Diversity Consciousness Leads to Success
- Explain why employers seek and value employees who are diversity-conscious.
- Describe the reasons why organizations benefit from having a diversity-conscious culture.
- Identify behaviors, such as having limited perceptions and stereotyping, that will have a negative effect in all areas.
Developing Diversity Consciousness
- Recognize the characteristics of social inequality.
- Describe traits of socially conscious individuals.
- Develop personal strategies for diversity consciousness.
- Identify what diversity is and the different visible and hidden dimensions.
- Describe the various characteristics that encompass components of diversity, not just race or gender.
- Analyze the tendency to judge people based on superficial characteristics.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.