comm215ca | undergraduate
Essentials Of College Writing
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Utilize different types of writing styles as appropriate for mood and point of view.
- Apply appropriate rhetorical strategies to a persuasive essay.
Academic Essay Analysis
- Interpret data for analysis in writing.
- Demonstrate organization and focus in an academic essay.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform each of the steps involved in the writing process.
Research and Supporting Evidence
- Evaluate the relevance, reliability, and objectivity of sources.
- Apply critical thinking skills to essays, research papers, and case study analyses.
- Identify the characteristics of a good resource as it relates to a specific topic.
- Use peer editing methods to produce clear and concise writing.
- Synthesize research information and materials to produce a research paper.
- Transform written material into an integrated learning team presentation.
- Demonstrate the ability to support ideas with appropriate evidence.
Documentation, Grammar, Punctuation, and Mechanics
- Apply the rules of English sentence structure, punctuation, grammar, style, and usage in a written document.
- Apply the rules of style to a written research paper, using appropriate methods to summarize, paraphrase, cite, and reference sources.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.