comm218 | undergraduate
Public Speaking For The It Professional
This course provides students with a foundation in public speaking focusing on how effective oral presentations are developed and delivered among information technology professionals.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Digital Presentations – Uses of Technology for Delivery
- Describe the challenges of effective communication through a digital medium.
- Develop a strategy for adapting a presentation to a digital delivery method.
- Compare various methods for delivering presentations digitally.
IT Presentations in Application
- Analyze various delivery styles of professional It and business leaders.
- Describe current and future technologies for online meetings and presentations.
- Describe the impact of blogs, instant messaging, and social media on public presentations.
Public Speaking, Presentations, and IT Professions
- Explain the differences between general communication and public speaking in the IT profession.
- Describe how technology effectively supports a presentation or speech.
- Describe different types of IT messages where presentations or public speaking are viable methods of communicating.
- Compare different methods for delivering presentations.
Preparing and Organizing Your Presentation
- Describe the audience, purpose, and message of various presentations.
- Identify techniques for organizing information in a speech or presentation.
- Demonstrate methods for developing supporting concepts for the body of a presentation.
- Construct an introduction and conclusion for a speech or presentation.
Presentations, Language, and Media
- Identify various forms of media used to support a presentation’s message.
- Demonstrate effective use of media and other supporting technologies in a presentation.
- Demonstrate an effective use of language supporting a presentation achieving its purpose.
- Describe ways to engage the audience during a presentation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.