topic title goes here
Speech Preparation—Getting Started
- Demonstrate the effective use of voice and body language.
- Analyze an audience to prepare for a speech.
- Determine a topic for a speech, given the task and audience.
Presenting the Speech—Language and Media
- Compare and contrast various forms of media in oral presentations.
- Demonstrate the effective use of media in an oral presentation.
- Demonstrate the effective use of language and supporting material in oral presentations.
Presenting the Speech—Persuasion
- Demonstrate skill in handling questions and answers.
- Describe guidelines for ethical speaking.
- Demonstrate effective persuasion skills.
Speaking and Listening
- Explain the communication process of public speaking.
- Describe ways to improve listening skills.
- Compare and contrast methods for delivering oral presentations.
- Describe how to use voice and body language effectively.
Speech Preparation—Organizing and Outlining
- Construct an effective introduction and conclusion for a speech.
- Utilize effective organizational format in a speech.
- Develop supporting ideas for a speech.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.