comm400 | undergraduate
Management Communication Skills
topic title goes here
Medium and the Message
- Analyze contextual differences between computer-mediated and face-to-face communication.
- Determine appropriate electronic media for various business messages.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of various forms of computer-mediated communication.
- Explain the six functions of nonverbal communication.
- Recognize common nonverbal cues in a business environment.
- Describe how using unconventional language can become an obstacle to managerial communication.
- Determine effective listening techniques for managers.
Managerial Communications and Organizational Climate
- Analyze the need for diversity awareness in communications.
- Determine the managerial skills necessary for communicating in a diverse multicultural organization.
- Assess managerial strategies for creating an interculturally sensitive organizational climate.
- Explain the importance of managerial awareness of ethical dimensions in the workplace.
The Communications Process
- Identify the components of communication.
- Describe the five levels of managerial communications.
- Compare managerial communication approaches.
- Explain how feedback relates to effectiveness of managerial communication.
- Explain effective group communication skills.
- Analyze the leadership role in small groups.
- Describe appropriate managerial actions to mitigate communication obstacles.
- Apply conflict management strategies in an organizational setting.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.