cpss370 | undergraduate
Intake, Assessment, And Classification
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Introduction to Classification Within the Correctional System
- Describe the differences between federal, state, county, and local jails and prisons.
- Describe the importance of classification within the institution.
- Explain how classification affects the function of the institution.
- Identify the purpose of classification within the correctional system.
Intake and Assessment Processes
- Describe risk factors that may be identified during the intake process.
- Explain how assessment affects classification.
- Explain how classification can affect the incidence of recidivism.
Needs and Risk Assessments & Treatment Plans
- Conduct a needs assessment to identify inmate needs.
- Formulate recommendations for a treatment plan to address specific inmate needs.
Program Assessments and Inmate Management
- Create a treatment plan based on specialized assessments in inmate management.
- Survey substance abuse and mental health assessment instruments used in the correctional setting.
Community Corrections Assessment
- Explain the importance of assessment and classification in community corrections.
- Describe different types of assessment used in community corrections.
- Describe levels of supervision for offenders in the community.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.