cpss400 | undergraduate
Institutional And Community-based Programs
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Best Practices and Evidence-Based Programs
- Analyze evidence-based practices for institutional-based programs.
- Examine evidence-based practices for community-based programs.
- Describe different types of evaluations that occur when evaluating programs.
Community-Based Programs and Interventions
- Analyze restorative justice programming.
- Identify different community-based correctional programs.
- Examine the effectiveness of community-based treatment programs on reducing recidivism.
Assessment of Risk and Needs
- Examine the effect of risk and needs assessment on treatment efficacy.
- Analyze the role of risk and needs assessment in case management and case planning.
- Describe the role of the case manager in institutional- and community-based correctional programs.
- Identify types of treatment programs for inmates and offenders.
Introduction to Correctional Programs
- Differentiate between institutional and community-based corrections.
- Determine the purpose of correctional programs for inmates and offenders.
- Analyze ethical and legal risks and liabilities faced by correctional personnel.
Institutional-Based Programs and Interventions
- Identify institutional-based correctional programs.
- Examine the effectiveness of institutional-based programs and interventions.
- Describe the process for transitioning an inmate out of the institutional program and into an offender community program.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.