cpss423 | undergraduate
Prevention, Self-help, And Treatment Models
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Reentry and Aftercare in Community Corrections
- Examine challenges in substance abuse treatment in the community corrections setting.
- Identify substance abuse treatment options for offenders in the community corrections system.
- Describe special considerations for reentry for offenders with a history of substance abuse.
Self-Help Strategies and Treatment Models
- Analyze common self-help strategies for inmates and offenders undergoing substance abuse treatment.
- Describe treatment strategies for inmates with co-occurring disorders.
- Examine addiction treatment models.
Treatment Programs in Corrections
- Examine substance abuse treatment program options for inmates and offenders in the correctional setting.
- Analyze the role of group treatment in the substance abuse treatment and recovery process.
Overview of Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment
- Describe the evolution of substance abuse prevention and treatment in the correctional setting.
- Describe challenges related to rehabilitating offenders with issues related to substance abuse and addiction.
- Describe the principles of substance abuse treatment in the criminal justice system.
Stages of Treatment and Recovery
- Describe the stages involved in the treatment and recovery of substance abuse disorders.
- Identify intervention strategies for each stage in the substance abuse treatment and recovery process.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.