csc475 | undergraduate
Contemporary Communication In A Diverse Society
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Decoding the Functions of Language
- Understand the importance of face systems and strategies when in a professional context.
- Analyze the various functions of language and how it is used in a communication context.
- Define socialization as it relates to individual and cultural discourse systems.
Exploring the Future of Communication
- Examine how new media technologies influence meditated communication.
- Discuss the complexities in gender and sexuality discourse systems.
- Review the challenges and opportunities with meditated communication and interpersonal communication.
Communication, Culture, and Context
- Describe how the ambiguity of language affects communication between cultures.
- Illustrate how face systems can lead to miscommunication.
- Discuss the interrelationship between culture and context.
The Importance of Social Interactions
- Determine effective techniques to decode the non-verbal communication of different cultures.
- Examine the importance of face-to-face communication.
- Define discourse systems and identify its levels.
The Motives of Reasoning in Contemporary Communication
- Examine inductive and deductive reasoning strategies that relate to communication practices.
- Define ideology as it relates to intercultural communication.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.