cur518 | Graduate
Multicultural Strategies For The Adult Learner
topic title goes here
Accommodating Disability, Learning Styles, and Generational Diversity
- Identify learning styles and generational characteristics of adult learners.
- Analyze characteristics of effective facilitators for diverse learners.
- Contrast the different types of accommodations for learners with disabilities.
- Explain the impact of technology on adult learners.
Strategic Planning for Diversity in Organizations
- Analyze the effect of transformational learning in relationship to diversity planning for organizations.
- Differentiate the relationship between organizational diversity management skills and diversity maturity.
- Identify best diversity management practices and strategies for the achievement of organizational goals.
Civil Rights and Diversity
- Evaluate the difference between compliance, awareness, and advocacy for minority populations.
- Analyze types of regulations and policies that affect facilitation of instruction for diverse adult learners.
- Evaluate the Americans with Disabilities Act and its implications for the adult learning environment.
- Outline the history of the Civil Rights Movement in the United States to understand the intersection between law and diversity initiatives.
Cultureâ s Influence on Adult Learners
- Explain culture and its influences on adult learners.
- Identify strategies for creating an inclusive multicultural learning environment.
- Evaluate differentiated instruction as an effective means of facilitating learning
Acquiring a Framework to Understand Diversity
- Differentiate the fundamental characteristics of diversity.
- Recognize secondary characteristics of diversity that can change (e.g., educational background, geographic location, income, marital status, parental status, religious beliefs, and work experiences).
- Evaluate the effect of globalization on adult learners.
- Describe the challenges and opportunities of diversity and multiculturalism in adult education and training.
Societal designs of Race, Ethnicity, Gender and Sexual Orientation
- Debate the need for an adult educator to be sensitive to issues of Race, Ethnicity, Gender, and Sexual Orientation.
- Analyze the opportunities and challenges that face each sub-population of multiculturalism in the adult learning environment.
- Determine learning environmental strategies that are welcoming to Race, Ethnicity, Gender, and Sexual Orientation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.