cur525 | Graduate
Ethical Issues In Education
topic title goes here
Current Ethical Issues and Strategies
- Define and assess the role of social media and other technology in schools and ethical dilemmas related to teacher and student rights.
- Define the ethical and legal considerations of educating students with disabilities.
- Define current strategies and ideas for dealing with ethics issues and examples in today's schools.
- Explain issues of socioeconomic and cultural diversity in schools and related ethical dilemmas.
Ethics, Academic Freedom, and Integrity
- Define and compare the ethical relationship between state and local curricular requirements and teachers' academic freedom.
- Define and cite laws and issues related to copyright.
- Describe and evaluate the ethical issues teachers and teacher leaders face regarding high-stakes testing.
What are Ethics?
- Describe the history of ethics.
- Compare and contrast various codes of ethics from a variety of professional fields.
- Analyze your personal code of ethics and define how these codes apply to your professional life, roles, and responsibilities.
- Describe an ethical issue in your professional life.
- Discuss your personal and professional decision making from an ethical perspective.
Analyzing Ethical Issues
- Examine the ethical challenges and responsibilities that teacher leaders have toward stakeholders.
- Define the processes for examining and analyzing ethical issues in today's schools.
- Discuss case studies that deal with ethical issues in schools that involve various stakeholders.
The Development of Ethics
- Define the concept of majority rule.
- Compare and contrast the concepts of morals, ethics, and values.
- Define and apply various ethical theories, such as cognitive moral development, utilitarianism, and so on.
- Explore and discuss various ethical case studies that introduce strategies used to analyze ethical dilemmas.
Ethics in School Leadership
- Analyze the relationship between teachers, teacher leaders, and administrators in terms of ethical leadership through case studies and discussion.
- Examine and evaluate the legal and ethical role of the school board through case studies and discussion.
- Research and define legal and ethical rights and responsibilities of public school students in the areas of student rights.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.