cur562 | Graduate
Standards-based Curriculum And Instruction
topic title goes here
Aligning Assessment with Standards
- Compare item teaching and curriculum teaching.
- Analyze the ways in which traditional grading and testing practices must change to reflect standards-based reforms.
- Examine the history, purposes, and impact of high-stakes assessment.
Future Trends in Standards-Based Curriculum and Instruction
- Examine the longevity of the modern standards movement.
- Analyze challenges and concerns that remain in the standards movement.
Foundations of Standards-Based Curriculum and Instruction
- Examine the historical foundations of the modern standards movement.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of standards as a vehicle for educational reform.
- Explore how standards relate to instruction and assessment.
- Analyze early criticism and proponents of the modern standards movement.
- Analyze the impact that higher educational standards have on the classroom.
Key Issues of Higher Educational Standards
- Examine the key issues of state and local standards.
- Identify four different types of standards.
- Analyze challenges faced by states and districts as they develop standards.
- Examine guidelines for quality, teachable standards.
Classroom Best Practices for Standards-Based Curriculum and Instruction
- Summarize the conditions under which standards are most effective.
- Examine how to work with standards and how to make standards work for you.
- Identify best practices for standards-based curriculum and instruction.
- Examine the role of standards as part of a system-wide change aimed towards improving student performance.
- Analyze the roles of administrators and teachers in implementing standards-based curriculum and instruction.
- Analyze professional standards for both administrators and teachers.
- Recognize that schools must be prepared to offer support for students to meet the standards.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.