cyb130 | undergraduate
Object-oriented Scripting Language
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Introduction to Computer Science, Using Variables and Strings in Programs, and Employing Conditionals to Control Program Flow
- Apply string and text manipulation concepts.
- Use conditional control structures.
- Define the scope and concerns of computer science.
- Compare different computer languages.
- Identify data types and variables.
Employing Loops, Selection, Arrays and Matrices to Control Programs and Access Data
- Employ conditional, loop, and selection controls using nesting blocks of code to control flow of programs.
- Access elements of arrays and matrices using nested loops.
- Use array concepts to collect and access data.
File Structures, Accessing the Internet, and Encoding Information
- Explain how to locate and write files using Jython/Python.
- Use file structures, including trees, sub fuctions, and hash tables.
- Use a program to access the Internet.
- Explain multiple ways information can be encoded.
- Differentiate between HTML and XML.
Object Oriented Programming and Functions
- Explain Object Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Apply function concepts.
- Select computer storage options when optimizing for speed.
- Compare performance of compiled versus interpreted languages.
Python and Cybersecurity, Port Scanning, and Network Analysis
- Explain exception handling.
- Describe port scanning.
- Describe forensic investigation with Python.
- Apply network traffic analysis methods with Python.
- Identify role of malicious Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) toolkits in system attacks.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.