cyb229 | undergraduate
Ethical Hacking Part 1
topic title goes here
Introduction to Ethical Hacking and Conducting Footprinting and Reconnaissance
- Define ethical hacking, its scope, and goals within an ethical framework.
- Describe vulnerability assessment and the significance of penetration testing.
- Define footprinting and reconnaissance, its scope, and methodology.
- Determine appropriate process for footprinting and reconnaissance.
- Conduct footprinting/reconnaissance using recognized tools and techniques.
Scanning, Network Topology, and Vulnerability Assessment
- Identify the role of scanning in vulnerability analysis.
- Differentiate scanning techniques and their appropriate tools.
- Draw the network topology based on scanning results.
- Evaluate strategies for scanning countermeasures and evasion.
Enumeration and Vulnerability Assessment
- Identify the role of enumeration in vulnerability analysis.
- Detail enumeration techniques and their appropriate tools.
- Summarize enumeration countermeasures.
- Conduct appropriate steps for enumeration for use in attack planning.
System Hacking, Maintaining Access, Covering Tracks
- Explain ethical system hacking methodology, the stages of system hacking and their goals.
- Determine appropriate ethical hacking techniques and tools for cracking passwords, escalating privileges, and executing applications.
- Select ethical hacking techniques and tools appropriate for hiding files and covering tracks.
- Outline components of an attack plan.
Penetration Testing Plans, Malware, and Malware Countermeasures
- Outline a penetration testing plan.
- Compare different types of malware.
- Explain malware analysis process.
- Describe techniques and tools to detect malware.
- Evaluate malware countermeasures
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.