dat205 | undergraduate
Communicating Across The It Organization
topic title goes here
- Describe the different types of presentation options that can be used to share information and get desired feedback and direction depending on the target audience.
- Explain the key points to be included in the presentation and the most effective way to convey them.
- Define the criteria needed to deliver appropriate information to the various constituencies that you will encounter.
- Create a matrix with the key criteria of a presentation based on the constituencies that would be receiving the information.
- Restate the key points that C-level executives need to be briefed on and solicit desired feedback for strategic direction.
- Discuss the information and feedback necessary at an operational level.
- Describe the information that stakeholders are seeking in providing solutions for desired, agreed upon outcomes.
- Develop a presentation on a specific topic and deliver it to one of the audience types discussed this week.
- Examine the data needs to support the operational needs of the organization.
- Explain the key points that would be discussed to provide workable solutions to data needs.
- Analyze and document the potential changes that can occur as a result of this and the steps that should be taken for action.
- Define the general purpose of communications and its forms.
- Identify stakeholders in the communications process and the types of information appropriate to various stakeholder needs.
- Explain the characteristics of effective communications.
- Identify potential obstacles to communicating effectively.
- Discuss the importance of listening in effective communications.
- Describe common information gathering methods.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of each information gathering method.
- Define options for communicating findings to various stakeholder types.
- Demonstrate and apply the ability to select and apply appropriate communication methods for various situations.
- Identify the primary elements of any communication plan.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.