Managing Diverse Teams –
Many businesses today strive to have a diverse workforce. By leveraging their employees’ experiences and strengths, organizations can achieve higher levels of performance and gain an advantage over their competitors. But how do you manage a diversified team of workers? How can you lead employees with various skills and backgrounds toward a common goal? In this course, you will learn how to successfully manage diverse teams by focusing on the stages of team development and problems that arise when diversity is missing from a team. By the end of this course, you will have a plan for how to effectively build diversity within your teams.
This non-credit course is 1 week. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
Managing Diverse Teams
- Analyze the five stages of the group development model.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of culturally diverse teams.
- Examine conflict resolution methods within teams.
- Implement best practices for building diversification within teams.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs) cannot be converted into academic credit. It is the student's responsibility to confirm whether or not CEUs/PDUs earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by employers and/or applicable licensing agencies.