ech547 | Graduate
Early Childhood Assessment Strategies
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Role of Assessment
- Identify the key elements of assessment in an early childhood classroom.
- Identify the key terminology used in early childhood assessment.
- Analyze the role of assessment in the early childhood classroom as it relates to designing and implementing effective programs and practices.
Issues and Trends in Early Childhood Assessment
- Analyze how historical, social, and cultural aspects of assessment have had an impact on current issues and trends in early childhood assessment.
- Identify the legal and ethical aspects of assessment.
Assessment Tools and Approaches
- Conduct observations of children in classrooms, homes, and communities where there is access to play and formal learning experiences.
- Examine a range of assessment tools and approaches for gathering, documenting, interpreting, and analyzing assessment results.
- Identify how to interpret observations and reflect on their significance.
Assessment Tools and Approaches (cont.)
- Analyze the characteristics, strengths, and weaknesses of assessment tools and approaches.
- Identify valid assessment tools and approaches that are developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate.
- Examine the use of assistive technology as an assessment tool.
- Identify the significance of creating assessment partnerships with families and colleagues.
- Analyze methods for positively communicating with families and colleagues when reporting assessment results.
Uses of Assessment
- Examine how to use assessment results to make curricular modifications.
- Analyze the use of assessment results to plan instructional strategies and activities.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.