ech548 | Graduate
Early Childhood Assessment Strategies
topic title goes here
Assessment Tools and Approaches in Early Childhood Education
- Identify how to interpret observations and reflect on their significance in an early childhood setting.
- Implement a range of assessment tools and approaches for gathering, documenting, interpreting, and analyzing assessment results in early childhood education.
Assessment Tools and Approaches in Early Childhood Education (continued)
- Analyze the characteristicsof assessment tools and approaches that are developmentally, culturally, and linguistically effective for the early childhood environment.
- Examine the use of technology as an assessment tool in an early childhood setting.
Early Childhood Assessment Partnerships
- Identify the significance of creating early childhood assessment partnerships with families, community, and other professionals.
- Analyze methods for positively communicating with families, community, and other professionals when reporting early childhood assessment results.
Uses of Assessment in Early Childhood
- Examine how to use assessment results to make developmentally effective modifications to the learning environment.
- Analyze the use of assessment results to plan developmentally effective instructional strategies and activities.
Role of Assessment in Early Childhood
- Identify the goals, benefits, and uses of assessment in an early childhood setting.
- Identify key terminology used in early childhood assessment.
- Analyze how developmentally effective assessment positively influences early childhood development and learning.
- Analyze the role of assessment in the early childhood classroom as it relates to designing and implementing effective programs and practices.
- Identify key elements of assessment in an early childhood learning environment.
Issues and Trends in Early Childhood Assessment
- Analyze how historical, social, and cultural aspects of assessment have had an impact on current issues and trends in early childhood assessment.
- Identify the legal and ethical aspects of assessment in early childhood.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.