eco561 | Graduate
topic title goes here
- Determine the economyâs stage in the business cycle.
- Evaluate the effect of government, business, and consumer spending behavior on business cycles.
- Discuss fiscal policies available to moderate business cycle swings.
Credit Markets and Globalization
- Evaluate the monetary policy tools used by the Federal Reserve.
- Determine the contributions of international trade to the strength of the economy and worldwide business cycles.
- Differentiate among specialization, absolute, and comparative advantage.
Applying Economic Concepts to Improve Business Decisions
- Assess tools available to improve business forecasts.
- Apply economic concepts to make business decisions.
- Evaluate challenges of expanding into international markets.
The Role of Economics
- Evaluate the role economics plays in policy decisions at the Federal, state, and local levels.
- Assess the influence of economic theories and events on business and household decision making.
- Discuss the circular flow model of economic activity.
Economies and Economic Function
- Differentiate among closed, mixed, and market economies.
- Analyze the effects of government intervention on the functioning of an economy.
- Analyze the role of a central bank on an economy.
Market Structure, Competition, Production, & Pricing
- Analyze the influence of market structure on profitability and loss.
- Determine ways to create non-price barriers to entry based on market structure.
- Determine ways to increase product differentiation based on market structure.
- Determine ways to reduce costs for an organization.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.