eda555ca | Graduate
School Policy And Law For Principals
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Legal Issues Affecting Teachers and Staff
- Examine the legal foundations of workplace harassment legislation.
- Examine teachers' rights and how they have been impacted by court decisions.
- Apply current law to human resource practices in schools.
Religion and the Public Schools
- Analyze the application of the First Amendment “Establishment Clause” on public education.
- Review related court decisions.
Current Legal Issues Affecting Schools
- Evaluate the legislation related to school safety and violence.
- Analyze the influence of federal and state court decisions on schools in relation to parental rights.
- Review laws related to student records and confidentiality.
Legal Framework and Other Issues Affecting Public Schools
- Examine the role of the school board.
- Apply selected provisions of the United States Constitution to the educational setting.
- Examine the framework of the state and federal court systems.
- Analyze professional and ethical behavior required of school principals.
- Examine the administrative structure of public education, including state and local level agencies.
Legal Issues Affecting Students
- Review the major past and current federal legislation related to serving special populations.
- Analyze the influence of federal and state court decisions on schools in relation to students’ rights, due process, and discipline policies and procedures.
Legal Research Tools
- Define the primary and secondary resources available to research legal issues in education.
School Personnel and School District Liability
- Differentiate between individual and organizational liability.
- Compare and contrast the elements of intentional and unintentional torts.
- Identify the elements of negligence and school/districts procedures for responding.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.