Foundations Of Education – edd546 (3 credits)
This course focuses on the historical, philosophical, sociological, legal, and curricular foundations of education. The evolution of education, the role of cultural diversity in education, curriculum and assessment, education standards, and issues and trends in education are explored. Participants analyze educational philosophies and develop a personal educational philosophy.
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
Issues and Trends in Current Education
- Explore the future of technology in education.
- Summarize current issues in education.
- Describe current legal issues in education.
- Analyze the role of teachers as teacher leaders.
- All objectives apply.
- Relate important events and their effects on the history of education.
- Examine the role of the federal government in education.
- Analyze the education system in a changing world.
- Evaluate the evolution of education.
Diversity in Education
- Evaluate the role of cultural diversity in education.
- Analyze the sociological diversity in schools.
- Describe the effect of cultural diversity on instruction.
- Analyze educational philosophies.
- Develop an educational philosophy.
- Reflect on the influence of philosophy on instruction.
Standards, Curriculum, and Assessment
- Determine the relationship between standards, assessments, and accountability.
- Compare curriculum design models in relation to student learning.
- Identify the importance of Common Core Standards in the educational system.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.