edd567 | Graduate
Introduction To Action Research:data Driven Decision Making
topic title goes here
Qualitative Research Designs and Methods
- Recognize issues of validity and reliability in data analysis.
- Assess qualitative research designs and methods.
- Determine the role of problem formulation in qualitative research.
- Compare and contrast methods of collecting different types of data in both quantitative and qualitative research.
Analyzing and Interpreting Data
- Analyze the purpose of descriptive statistics.
- Construct appropriate tables, charts, and graphs to support research.
- Apply appropriate data analysis and statistical techniques to action research.
Ethical Issues Related to Educational Research
- Discuss the ethical use of data in educational decision-making.
- Outline guidelines for conducting research using human subjects.
- Assess ethical considerations when publishing reports of a research study.
- Analyze the impact of technology on the ethical issue of confidentiality in educational research.
Quantitative Research Design and Methods
- Assess quantitative research designs and methods.
- Identify the elements of an effective planning matrix.
- Determine the role of problem formulation in quantitative research.
- Examine issues of validity and reliability in quantitative research.
Introduction to Action Research Objective
- Identify the purpose and limitations of action research as it affects decision making and educational practices.
- Identify appropriate topics for an action research project (ARP).
- Describe the components of an ARP as overviewed in the Action Research Project: Student Handbook.
- Compare rationales for conducting qualitative and quantitative research.
Action Research Design
- Identify the elements of an effective problem statement.
- Analyze the role of a hypothesis in action research.
- Discuss the importance of the alignment of goals, expected outcomes, and analysis of results.
- Determine varied sources relevant to the research problem, and review purposes and procedures for organizing a literature review.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.