Social Contexts And Contemporary Issues –
This course focuses on the historical concepts, demographic trends, and current issues of education. An analysis of institutions, unionization, technology, and diversity are of focus.
- Synthesize the influences of historical developments and trends on current educational practices and polices.
- Correlate the relationships between different educational philosophies and educational practices.
- Analyze social theories relevant to education.
- Analyze contemporary issues in the educational environment.
- Evaluate implications of contemporary issues affecting educators and educational institutions.
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks. This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
We're sorry – topics and objectives are unavailable at this time.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.