edd545 | Graduate
Communication Strategies For Administrators
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Public Relations and Crisis Management
- Describe the elements in a crisis plan.
- Summarize guidelines for positive communication with the media.
- Describe challenges school administrators face in special issue campaigns and elections.
- Analyze elements to communicate with the voting public regarding school finance issues.
- Compare examples of organized versus unplanned public relations.
- All objectives apply.
- Explain the value of and process for establishing a communication plan.
- Explain the critical communication techniques for administrators.
- Define attributes of a diverse school community.
- Analyze the effect of public relations on promoting a positive school culture.
- Compare techniques for measuring public opinion about a school.
- Relate the importance of human skill as one of a school administrator’s essential assets.
- Identify the factors of supervision that can create issues between teachers and administrators.
- Determine the criteria for positive working relationships with non-instructional staff.
- Evaluate methods to improve staff relations.
- Define the internal public for a school or district.
- Define administrator communication involving students.
- Identify purposes and techniques for conducting student surveys.
- Summarize the role of an administrator during teacher contract negotiations and strikes.
- Define the external public for a school or district.
- Evaluate methods to increase parental involvement.
- Determine methods to improve parent conferences.
- Determine effective communication techniques to support a positive learning climate in a diverse community.
- Explain ways to assess and create diverse community involvement.
- Analyze communication technology and recommend guidelines for use by staff, students, parents, and community.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.