Foundations Of Education – edd546 (3 credits)
This course focuses on the historical, philosophical, sociological, legal, and curricular foundations of education. The evolution of education, the role of cultural diversity in education, curriculum and assessment, education standards, and issues and trends in education are explored. Participants analyze educational philosophies and develop a personal educational philosophy.
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
- Reflect on the influence of philosophy on instruction.
- Analyze educational philosophies.
- Develop an educational philosophy.
Standards, Curriculum, and Assessment
- Determine the relationship between standards, assessments, and accountability.
- Compare curriculum design models in relation to student learning.
- Identify the importance of Common Core Standards in the educational system.
- Analyze the education system in a changing world.
- Evaluate the evolution of education.
- Relate important events and their effects on the history of education.
- Examine the role of the federal government in education.
Issues and Trends in Current Education
- Summarize current issues in education.
- Describe current legal issues in education.
- Analyze the role of teachers as teacher leaders.
- Explore the future of technology in education.
- All objectives apply.
Diversity in Education
- Evaluate the role of cultural diversity in education.
- Analyze the sociological diversity in schools.
- Describe the effect of cultural diversity on instruction.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.