Action Research – edd568 (3 credits)
In this course, students learn the basic steps required to write an action research project proposal. Students complete a basic sentence outline and Chapters I through IV of an action research project proposal. The proposal includes an introduction, documentation of the problem, a review of the literature, a recommended solution strategy, and methods for analyzing results.
This graduate-level course is 8 weeks. This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
Components of the Action Research Project Proposal
- Develop a viable action research problem statement.
- Select a research methodology and a research design.
- Identify data collection methods by which research problems can be measured.
Construction of Chapters I and II of the Action Research Project Proposal
- Develop a full-sentence outline for the action research project for Chapters I and II.
- Synthesize the major causes of the research problem based on the literature review and the research setting.
Construct an effective literature review for an action research outline.
Construction of Chapters III and IV of the Action Research Project Proposal
- Develop a full-sentence outline for the action research project for Chapters III and IV.
- Relate the problem statement to the goals and expected outcomes of the action research project to ensure alignment.
- Select appropriate statistical tests for analysis of data.
- Identify the solution strategy of the action research project as supported by the literature.
Finalizing the Action Research Project Proposal
- Evaluate progress on the action research project proposal.
- Identify ways action research can make a difference.
Professional Presentation Skills for Researchers
- Compare and contrast the elements of effective and ineffective public speaking.
- Examine the elements of successful conference presentations.
- Analyze techniques to overcome fear of public speaking.
Disseminating the Action Research Project Proposal
- Produce the action research project proposal—Chapters I to IV complete with front and back matter.
- Prepare an overview of the action research project proposal for presentation.
Assembling the Action Research Project Proposal
- Construct the front matter—title page and table of contents—and the back matter—references and appendices—of the action research project proposal.
- Review APA formatting and style.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.