Evaluation And Assessment Methods –
Course Description: This course explores the evaluation and assessment methods utilized in learning organizations. The merits and faults of these methods are debated. Accreditation issues, outcomes-based assessment, institutional research, and staff and faculty evaluation are key topics. The influence of leadership style on evaluation and assessment methods also is examined.
- Examine the components of assessment and the roles assessments play in learning organizations.
- Evaluate the purpose, strengths, and weaknesses of various assessment methods.
- Analyze the reliability and validity of various assessment methods.
- Interpret assessment results to make leadership decisions.
- Use professional standards to align instruction, assessment, and evaluation.
- Differentiate the processes and purposes of programmatic assessments from student learning assessments.
This graduate-level course is 8 weeks. This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
We're sorry – topics and objectives are unavailable at this time.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.