edu301ca | undergraduate
Foundations Of Education
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Relate the NEA Code of Ethics to personal beliefs about teaching.
- Identify state and national standards for teachers.
- Explain the role of an elementary teacher.
- Examine the uses of professional portfolios.
- Describe professional development opportunities for elementary teachers.
- Review the University of Phoenix program standards.
History of Education in the United States
- Describe the evolution of American education from the colonial period to the present.
- Define the federal and state government’s involvement in education.
- Identify the organizational structure of the American educational system.
Philosophies of Education
- Examine the branches of educational philosophy.
- Differentiate among the philosophical ideas of education.
- Relate educational philosophy to classroom practice.
- Develop a personal philosophy of education.
Issues and Trends in Education
- Examine how social issues have impacted education.
- Identify current issues and trends in education.
Examine the influence of diversity on education.
Technology in Education
- Identify the various technology tools available for use in the educational setting.
- Use program-specific technology tools.
- Describe appropriate management and use of technology in the classroom.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.