edu310ca | undergraduate
Models And Theories Of Instruction
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Teacher as Technological Leader
- Identify ways to integrate technology in lesson planning.
- List technological tools for improving planning, student learning, and assessment.
Learner-Centered Planning and Instruction: Differentiation for the Diverse Learner
- Identify cooperative learning structures.
- Describe important components of group building.
- Identify differentiation techniques that accommodate diverse learners.
- Explain different ways to govern groups.
- Design a cooperative learning activity.
Teacher as Decision Maker and Planner
- Identify the framework for teaching and the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards’ core propositions.
- Identify the main factors considered in lesson planning.
- Recognize the difference between goals and observable and measurable objectives.
Learner-Centered Planning and Instruction
- Identify essential lesson plan components and lesson plan models.
- Describe instructional strategies.
- Recognize the purposes for direct and indirect instructional strategies.
- Apply knowledge of different learning styles to the development of instruction.
- Formulate learning objectives that reflect selected state standards.
- Develop a standards-based lesson plan.
- Explain the importance of assessing prior knowledge.
- Define formative and summative assessment.
- Identify formal and informal assessment.
- Explain authentic assessment.
Teacher as Reflector
- State the importance of reflection in teaching.
- Examine how to use reflection to improve decision making.
- Identify how to use reflection to revise instruction.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.