educ523 | Graduate
Middle School Curriculum Development And Instruction
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Middle School Classroom, Students, and Parent Involvement
- Summarize young adolescent development and implications for educators.
- Suggest strategies for creating positive learning climates for diverse middle school students.
- Identify cultural considerations for engaging parents and the community at the middle school.
- Compare past, present, and future models of middle schools.
- Describe components of effective middle schools.
- Compare curriculum definitions.
- Summarize standards and frameworks for developing an effective middle school curriculum.
- Describe considerations of middle school instructional planning.
- Summarize characteristics of effective middle school teachers.
- Apply developmentally appropriate instructional strategies for middle school students.
- Describe instructional modifications for students with varied learning needs.
- Summarize the types of assessment and their roles in the middle school.
- Identify issues related to assessment in the middle school.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.