eed430 | undergraduate
Elementary Methods - Social Studies
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Instructional Planning to Create Social Scientists
- Apply inquiry-based learning methods to social studies instruction.
- Identify technology resources for social studies instruction and assessment.
- Construct assessment tools to measure student learning.
- Examine developmental expectations in the instruction of social studies content.
- Develop active-learning opportunities.
Additional Resources to Support Social Studies Instruction
- Integrate technology into instructional plans.
- Identify ways to use parents and the community as resources in social studies instruction.
- Explore opportunities school-wide and community involvement and resources.
Areas of Social Sciences
- Describe the major disciplines of social sciences.
- Examine current trends and issues regarding social studies instruction and materials.
- Examine personal perceptions and professional ethics in social studies instruction.
Social Studies Standards
- Compare local, state, and national standards.
- Define the thematic strands of the social studies standards.
- Use scope and sequence of elementary social studies curricula.
Best Practices in Social Studies Instruction
- Analyze instructional strategies used to adapt and modify learning activities.
- Analyze strategies to adjust and modify the learning environment.
- Identify technology and print resources for integrating social studies with other subjects.
- Research best practices in social studies instruction.
The Classroom as a Social Studies Model
- Propose a classroom management plan that reflects constructivist theory.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.