eed435 | undergraduate
Elementary Methods - Fine Arts
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Develop assessment tools for evaluating student learning and achievement in one of the Arts.
Defend the necessity of Arts education.
Develop a standards-based definition of aesthetics.
Develop a personal philosophy of Arts education.
Introduction and Overview of Art
Describe the different types of Art.
Define a quality integrated Arts program.
- Locate online and community Arts resources for use in the classroom.
Define the language of the arts, including vocabulary, elements, and principles.
Integrating the Visual Arts into the Curriculum
Review the periods of history in visual arts.
- Identify places to exhibit children's artwork.
Develop management strategies for the art classroom.
Provide examples of techniques for effective display opportunities.
- Provide examples of integrating the arts with other subject areas.
- Describe assessment strategies for the visual arts.
- Create an effective, standards-based, art lesson plan.
Standards of Visual and Performing Arts
- Compare and contrast national and state Arts standards.
Identify controversies and censorship in Arts education.
- Assess Arts curriculum based on relevant standards.
- Assess safety issues in the Art classroom.
Describe the stages of child development in relation to the Arts.
Determine the development of critical thinking skills in relation to Arts education.
- Describe how to lead a discussion with children about the Arts.
Creating Meaning Through the Arts
Differentiate process orientation versus product orientation in teaching the Arts.
Explain the importance of teaching historical periods in the Arts.
Integrating Drama into the Curriculum
- Provide examples of integrating drama with other subject areas.
Review the periods of history in drama.
Develop management strategies for the drama classroom.
Provide examples of techniques for effective performance opportunities.
- Describe assessment strategies for drama.
Diverse Learners and Learning Styles
Apply instructional strategies to accommodate diverse learners.
Develop materials that accommodate diverse learners.
- Create a multicultural unit that integrates the Arts.
Integrating Dance, Movement, and Music into the Curriculum
Review the periods of history in dance, movement, and music.
Develop management strategies to integrate dance, movement, and music into the classroom.
- Provide examples of techniques for effective performance opportunities.
- Describe assessment strategies for dance, movement, and music.
- Provide examples of integrating dance, movement, and music with other subject areas.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.