eed436ca | undergraduate
Elementary Methods: Social Science And Fine Arts
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Integrating Technology and Media
- Integrate technology into instructional plans.
- Analyze the legal and ethical issues regarding technology use in the classroom.
- Identify technology and media resources for social science and fine arts instruction.
Social Science and Fine Arts Standards
- Identify controversies and censorship in fine arts education.
- Define the thematic strands of the social science standards.
- Compare state and national standards for social science and fine arts.
Overview of Social Science and Fine Arts
- Describe the major disciplines of social science and fine arts.
- Identify current trends and issues in social science instruction and materials.
- Identify current trends and theories that support an integrated fine arts program.
- Examine developmental expectations in social science and fine arts instruction.
The Learning Environment
- Analyze effective motivational techniques for the classroom.
- Analyze strategies to accommodate diversity in the learning environment.
- Identify appropriate tools, materials, and safe-use procedures for social science and art instruction.
- Develop management strategies for social science and fine arts classrooms.
Parent, Teacher, and Community Collaboration
- Research opportunities for school-wide and community involvement.
- Identify ways to use parents and the community as resources.
- Determine strategies for increasing the level of parental involvement.
Instructional Approaches and Strategies
- Analyze ways to differentiate instruction in the classroom.
- Analyze strategies used to adapt lesson plans for diverse learners.
- Design innovative instructional strategies and materials for social science and fine arts curricula.
- Develop instruction to integrate social science and fine arts with other subjects.
- Identify strategies to incorporate cultural and historical themes in social science and fine arts instruction.
- Research effective critical thinking and study skills in social science and fine arts instruction.
- Describe ways to adapt instruction for English language learners, special needs students, and gifted students.
- Evaluate the characteristics of effective assessments.
- Analyze formative and summative assessments.
- Describe assessment strategies for diverse learners, including English language learners, specials needs students, and gifted students.
- Develop assessment tools to measure student learning.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.