em575 | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Basic Concepts for Economic Reasoning
- Explain how the laws of supply and demand determine equilibrium price, elasticity, and energy exploration, and production in global markets.
- Explain basic concepts of economics.
- Distinquish between renewable and non-renewable energy resources.
Domestic and Global Energy Markets
Analyze the competitive environment in an energy market.
- Identify barriers to economic growth as a result of non-renewable resources.
- Explain the impact of technology on a country's energy resource balance.
Cost Concepts and Profit Maximization
- Explain profit maximization principles in a competitive market.
- Apply incremental resource cost and contribution analysis to make a business decision.
- Analyze different costs of production in a firm.
Market Structure & Strategic Choice
- Differentiate among the four major market structures in regards to pricing and non-pricing strategies.
- Identify the market structures in various energy markets and the implications for customers, businesses, and governments.
- Analyze the effectiveness of regulations in the energy sector.
Macroeconomic Measurement & Basic Concepts
Explain the concepts and measurement of Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- Relate the trends and cycles of GDP growth to business cyles, energy prices, and policies.
- Analyze the macroeconomic concepts of unemployment and inflation and their linkages to energy consumption.
Fiscal and Monetary Policy
- Define the concept of money.
- Evaluate the central bank's money policy in stabilizing domestic and foreign economies.
- Assess the impact of macroeconomic policies, including trade, capital, and exchange rate policies, on domestic and global industries such as energy.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.