eng157 | undergraduate
This course provides students with an introduction to multicultural literature. Emphasis is placed on increasing students’ awareness and understanding of the values, beliefs, and experiences of people from different cultures through literature.
topic title goes here
Contemporary Issues in Multicultural Literature
- Evaluate how contemporary issues are manifested in recent multicultural texts.
- Consider the effects of competing ideologies on beliefs represented in multicultural works.
- Analyze the progression of philosophical, religious, social, and other issues in multicultural literature.
Interaction with World Cultures
- Formulate cross-cultural strategies to lessen tensions between peoples.
- Demonstrate how appreciation of multicultural literature can assist world productivity.
Definition of “Multiculturalism” in Literature
- Describe general factors which constitute the multicultural focus in literary study.
- List elements which qualify course readings to be considered as multicultural texts.
Discovery of Multicultural Literature
- Isolate concepts in multicultural literature that may be unfamiliar to your culture.
- Compare and contrast these concepts with your own culture.
Ideologies Manifested in Multicultural Authors
- Research the origins of philosophical, political, religious, and other concepts in multicultural texts.
- Suggest how these ideologies may have influenced the development of ethnic groups and nations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.