eng100 | undergraduate
Critical Reading And Composition
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Using Reading to Narrow the Focus
- Apply appropriate use of commas, colons, semicolons, and quotation marks.
- Create a proper thesis statement.
- Formulate main ideas, implied main ideas, and supporting details.
- Apply library research skills and strategies to gather and evaluate source material.
Using Reading to Organize Ideas
- Formulate effective paragraphs using topic sentences and relevant details.
- Document pertinent information from one source using APA-style formatting.
- Apply appropriate use of verbs, adjectives, adverbs, and pronouns.
Putting It On Paper and Documenting
- Formulate effective titles, introductions, and conclusions.
- Make inferences and predictions based on the comprehension of a text.
- Apply appropriate rules of spelling.
- Demonstrate various inventing, drafting, revising, and editing strategies for an expository essay.
- Conduct research.
Bringing It All Together
- Implement guidelines for effective writing.
- Format a written work according to APA guidelines.
- Apply appropriate academic English, grammar, usage, mechanics, and punctuation within a written work.
- Identify strategies to improve writing.
Active Reading and Generating Ideas
- Apply the reading and writing processes to critically analyze, evaluate, comprehend, and summarize text.
- Identify various inventing, drafting, revising, and editing strategies for an expository essay.
- Apply appropriate use of sentence structure, to avoid run-on sentences, and fragments.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.