topic title goes here
Completing the Expository Essay
- Apply the steps in the writing process to complete a clear, concise, coherent, and unified expository essay.
Revising and Editing the Essay
- Identify basic formatting guidelines for academic papers.
- Utilize feedback to revise and edit an expository essay.
Organizing the Expository Essay
- Determine appropriate methods for citing source material.
- Construct a topic outline for the expository essay.
- Generate body paragraphs for an expository essay.
- Determine appropriate types of supporting paragraphs for a topic.
- Identify topic sentences and types of paragraph development.
- Create a thesis statement for an expository essay.
- Differentiate between fact and opinion.
- Determine strategies for selecting and narrowing an appropriate essay topic.
The Writing Process
- Use grammar, mechanics, spelling, and punctuation appropriately.
- Identify the steps in the writing process.
- Recognize characteristics of expository essays.
- Conduct basic Internet research.
- Determine the credibility of online information.
- Determine topics and subtopics to support the main ideas for an expository essay.
- Apply style guidelines for documenting sources.
Introductions and Conclusions
- Discuss appropriate introductions and conclusions for expository essays.
- Generate an introduction and a conclusion for an expository essay.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.