eng135ca | undergraduate
Essentials Of Contemporary Communication
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Demonstrate proper sentence structure, grammar, and punctuation.
- Choose appropriate media based on purpose and audience.
- Recognize the elements of effective messages.
- Create coherent paragraphs.
Oral and Online Presentations
- Demonstrate effective visuals and design consistency.
- Compare oral and online presentations.
- Develop and present an effective oral or online presentation.
- Evaluate listening techniques.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of working in teams.
- Describe the role of etiquette in the workplace and in social settings.
- Explain the importance of networking.
Print and Electronic Communication
- Create effective messages for print and electronic media.
- Compare print and electronic media.
- Edit documents effectively.
Communication in the 21st Century
- Explain the benefits of successful communication.
- Describe important skills needed to communicate effectively.
- Use technological tools for enhancing communication.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.