topic title goes here
Argument Analysis and Persuasive Writing in Academic Writing
- Explain how data is shaped by the genre or format of writing in which it is presented.
- Describe how to organize the written material for maximum persuasive effect.
- Apply organization and presentation principles to a persuasive essay.
Supporting Evidence in Academic Writing
- Identify characteristics of effective support sources.
- Evaluate the relevance, reliability, and objectivity of sources.
- Demonstrate the ability to support ideas with appropriate evidence.
Writing Mechanics in Academic Writing
- Apply the rules consistent with APA style to written research papers.
- Apply the rules of English sentence structure, punctuation, grammar, style, and usage in written documents.
Principles of Authority and Argumentation in Academic Writing
- Explain how classical rhetorical concepts of authority are used in published essays.
- Analyze arguments contained in published essays using the Toulmin model of argument analysis.
- Apply the concepts of authority and argument in academic essays and case study analyses.
Integration of Various Writers in Academic Writing
- Demonstrate effective peer-editing methods.
- Transform written material into an effective visual and oral presentation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.