eng235 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Language and Identity
- Describe features of English as used by different groups.
- Describe the effect of language use on social interaction.
- Trace the steps of child first language acquisition.
- Compare adult second language acquisition with child first language acquisition.
What is a Word?
- Identify lexical categories (parts of speech) of words.
- Identify various types of morphemes.
- Differentiate English spelling from English pronunciation.
Approaches to Studying Language
- Compare various linguistics fields.
Language and Communication
- Define general linguistics terminology.
- Distinguish between language and communication .
- Compare forms of communication.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.