eng270 | undergraduate
Literary Interpretation And Analysis
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Analyzing Literature: Why Is It Important?
- Explain the value of literary analysis.
- Identify literary elements in selected works.
- Use appropriate literary terms to describe selected works.
- Interpret meaning from literary text.
Understanding Structure and Meaning in Short Fiction
- Identify literary elements in selected works of short fiction.
- Characterize the style of different writers of fiction.
- Identify themes of selected works of short fiction.
- Demonstrate understanding of plot, setting, and characterization.
Reading and Analyzing Poetry
- Identify literary elements of selected poems.
- Explain the difference between literal and figurative language.
- Interpret meaning from poetic text.
- Identify the themes of selected poems.
Exploring Elements of Drama
- Identify literary elements of dramatic works.
- Demonstrate understanding of plot, setting, and characterization in dramatic works.
- Identify themes of selected dramatic works.
- Analyze a selected literary work (or works).
- Assess the use of literary elements and figurative language.
- Evaluate a literary work (or works) for its meaning.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.