eng495 | undergraduate
Advanced Creative Writing
topic title goes here
Creative Writing Techniques: Traditional Forms
- Create a fable or parable with traditional structures to teach a clear moral lesson.
- Identify the poetic structures of sonnets or poems that express part of their meaning through the way their words are structured on a page.
- Compose an original sonnet or a poem that expresses part of its meaning through the way its words are structured on a page.
- Identify traditional story structures of fables or parables.
Creative Writing Techniques: Personal and Realistic Writing
- Write a realistic short story that engages reader interest by creating suspense, developing individual character motivation, and developing a vividly described world through which plotted action occurs.
- Write a poem in free verse on the topics introduced earlier in the course.
Creative Writing Techniques: Writing a One-Act Play
- Write a one-act play emphasizing scene construction and dramatic character interaction.
- Develop a setting that can be staged and is appropriate to the action in the script.
- Develop dialogue that reveals the inner psychology of characters.
Creative Writing Techniques: Reflections on Form, Theories, and Creativity
- Adapt one or more of the stories or poems written earlier in the course into a play.
- Explain how theories of creativity and quality influence a particular genre.
Creative Writing Fundamentals: The Writing Process
- Explain how specific works from different genres of writing may be linked thematically.
- Describe how thematically linked poems, stories, and plays can be used as models and inspirations for your own creative work.
- Implement a process for both receiving and providing constructive criticism for written works.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.