eth321 | undergraduate
Ethical And Legal Topics In Business
topic title goes here
Torts, Intellectual Property, and Criminal Law and Procedure
- Differentiate among the types of torts that arise in the business context.
- Identify business activities that may result in criminal liability.
- Discuss the influence of intellectual property law on business decisions.
Contracts and Business Organizations
- Analyze the elements necessary to form valid contracts.
- Identify the ethical considerations behind legal defenses to contract formation.
- Evaluate the remedies for breach of contract.
- Differentiate between types of business entities.
Regulatory Environment of Global Business
- Identify applicable regulatory compliance requirements for business situations.
- Summarize, from an ethical perspective, the role of major U.S. government and international regulatory agencies and organizations.
- Explain the governance principles of regulatory compliance requirements.
Agency, Employment, and Labor Law
- Differentiate among types of discriminatory issues and the associated legal considerations.
- Differentiate among types of agency and employment relationships and the associated legal considerations.
Introduction to Law and Ethics
- Explain the origins, evolution, and purposes of law in society and business.
- Describe the role and structure of the judicial system and civil procedure.
- Describe forms of alternative dispute resolution and how they are utilized in business environments.
- Apply ethical principles to business decisions.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.